A UK producer with almost 40 years of innovation, experience, and technical expertise, Glidevale Protect specialises in ventilation solutions, condensation control, and energy efficiency across the built environment.
Among Glidevale Protects comprehensive range of building products is their Protect Thermo Extreme, a waterproof, low emissivity, highly reflective insulating external breather membrane.
With impressive aged thermal resistance, Extreme is used to enhance the thermal performance of walls constructed in various material types, including timber frame, Structural Insulated Panels (SIPS), Cross Laminated Timber (CLT) panels, and light gauge steel frame (LGSF).
Ideally suited for offsite manufacture, Thermo Extreme is designed for buildings sited in very severely exposed locations as specified in STA Advice Note 18. These are typically high altitude, open to high winds, and on westerly coastal sites in England, Ireland, Wales, and Scotland, where a Class W1 water penetration resistance is recommended.
When used with our air & vapour control layer Protect VC Foil Ultra on the internal walls, this can help deliver low U-values.
Product Features and Benefits
- Achieves Class W1 water resistance to BS EN 1928.
- Thermal resistance R value 0.77m²K/W (aged – incorporates printing).
- 328% improvement in thermal resistance on horizontal wall heat flow when used in unventilated airspace, compared to membrane with no special treatment.
- Meets the permeability requirements recommended by TRADA and NHBC.
- Corrosion and damage resistant reflective surface.
- UV and heat stabilised, tough and durable.
- Further thermal efficiency can be obtained using Protect Thermo Extreme in conjunction with Protect TF InterFoil and Protect VC Foil insulating vapour control layer.
- Protect Thermo Extreme is both CE marked and BM TRADA Certified.
- Helps meet the more onerous regulatory requirements demanded by NZEB as well as the Building Regulations Part L and the Notional Dwelling Specification for walls.
Click here to download The Protect Thermo Extreme.
Want to find out more about Glidevale Protect? Check out their Manufacturer Profile and BIM product range right here on bimstore!
You must log in to write a comment
Login or Join
Bimstore on 01 June 2023
Be the first to write a comment...