Siderise Perimeter Barriers and Fire Stops for Curtain Walling use a unique method of manufacture which provides a resilient lateral compression. This facilitates installation, ensuring the requisite tight fit and enhancing the fire integrity of the product.
Throughout the range, the materials comprise a one-piece product with a pre-compressed non-combustible stonewool core. The products also have integral aluminium foil facings to provide an overall Class A1 rating (to EN 13501-1) and excellent resistance to smoke.
The systems can offer tested fire rating options ranging from 30 to 180 minutes and can accommodate void widths up to 600 mm with individual products within the range as follows:
- CW-CB30 (Cavity Barrier) can be applied to voids sizes of 20–350 mm horizontally and 20–450 mm vertically with a resistance to fire rating of 30 minutes when tested to EN 1366-4
- CW-FS60 (Fire Stop) can be applied to voids sizes of 20–300 mm horizontally and 20–450 mm vertically with a resistance to fire rating of 60 minutes when tested to EN 1366-4
- CW-FS120 (Fire Stop) can be applied to voids sizes of 20–350 mm horizontally and 20–450 mm vertically with a resistance to fire rating of 60 minutes when tested to EN 1366-4. Additionally CW-FS120 can be applied in voids 20–250 mm horizontally with a resistance to fire rating of 120 minutes when tested to EN 1364-4
- CW-FS180 (Fire Stop) can be applied in voids 20–250 mm horizontally with a resistance to fire rating of 180 minutes when tested to EN 1364-4
- CW-FS60-X (Fire Stop) can be employed for larger voids 301–600mm horizontally and 451-600mm vertically with a resistance to fire rating of 60 minutes to EN 1366-4
Please refer to the manufacturer's supplied technical data sheet for detailed tables and information on each product in the range as well as supporting test standards.
In addition to providing an effective seal against the passage of smoke and fire, the products are also acoustically absorptive.
The materials can be either supplied as pre-cut units to suit a specified void size or in sheet form (1200mm x 1200mm ) for cutting on-site. Please note that when ordered in sheet form, the requisite quantity of fixing brackets needs to be purchased separately.
- Brackets are available in two forms: (G) denotes galvanized steel brackets and (S) denotes stainless steel brackets.
- Brackets must be installed at 600 mm centres based on a 1200 mm strip. For lengths ≤800 mm 2no brackets must be used, with spacing reduced pro-rata.
- All brackets are to be suitably fixed to the substrate with non-combustible fixings.
- All brackets to penetrate the product at mid-thickness.
- Please refer to separate installation instructions on the manufacturer’s Technical Data Sheet.
Features and Benefits:
- CE Marking in accordance with EAD 350141-00-1106 (including movement cycling).
- Classified A1 to EN 13501-1.
- Third-party approved options: IFC, Certifire and Intertek certification.
- Fully compliant with UK, EU, and UAE regulations.
- Fire resistance to EN 1364-4, EN 1366-4.
- Unique product construction provides the ability to accommodate facade movement, proven by EN 1364-4 fire testing incorporating dynamic movement of supporting structure and facade.
- 60 years' design life.
- Economical and easy to install.
- Systems can offer tested fire rating options ranging from 30– 180 minutes.
- Suitable for cavities/void widths up to 600 mm as standard.
- Fully qualified acoustic performance with additional acoustic upgrades available.
- Quality assured to BS EN ISO 9001.
- Fire stops suitable for both horizontal and vertical applications (please see manufacturers technical datasheet for specific applications).
- Fire stops supplied in full sheets or pre-cut in strips to suit specific void dimensions.