Carbon Monoxide (CO), not to be confused with Carbon Dioxide (CO2), is an invisible, odourless and tasteless gas that is toxic to humans and animals. It is often referred to as the “Silent Killer” because none of our senses can alert us to its presence; we can’t smell it, taste it or see it. The initial symptoms, tiredness and headaches, are similar to those of influenza, which can make it difficult to diagnose. When deadly levels of Carbon Monoxide are present in a home, the occupants will become unconscious and do not wake again. In the UK alone, thousands of people are treated in hospital for CO poisoning and there are many deaths every year.
• Own proven long-life sensor technology• Third party certified by BSI to EN50291-1:2010 andEN50291-2:2010• Sealed housing to protect from adverse environmental conditions• Alarm memory• Event logger• Optional pre-alarm• Low level monitoring mode• End-of-life signalRead more